Having over 6 years experience working in gaming and interactive fiction, I have hard the opportunity to work on games in multiple genres and platforms. This has allowed me to collaborate with world acclaimed publishers, like Square Enix, Lionhead and Warner Bros. Entertainment, as well as award-winning game creators, such as The Oliver Twins and Mediatonic.
I've worked professionally on scripts, worldbuilding and dialogue, focusing on player choice and consequence. These experiences are built using several interactive fiction programmes, such as Twine, InkleWriter and RichCast.
My skills have also been applied to other mediums, having co-written and edited several published novels and short stories, such as Under Fortunate Stars by Ren Hutchings. I have also had the chance to collaborate and consult with various tabletop roleplaying creators, creating one-page rule systems, and expansions alike
Audio Interactive Adventure
PC, iOS, Android
- Play as Robin, an expert infiltrator looking to steal a valuable item from a billionaire tyrant. With the help of your team and creative thinking, there's nothing that can keep you out.
- As the first professional Writer and Designer on RichCast, I worked from pitch to implementation to set the standard for working with their cutting-edge, A.I. audio technology.
- Authored a 200+ page game script of a free roam, adventure narrative.
- Combined interactive and divergent story elements, based on actions and choices controlled by the player, with 13 missions and 3 potential endings.
- Consulted and designed features for the platform, covering the player-creation toolset and general user experience for the platform.
- Conducted internal player feedback for improved design and visual iteration.
- Authored both design and implementation documentation, and worked with other Designers to balance the core progression system.
- Implemented and tested 100+ 3D assets within Unity.
- Onboarding new team members, including through presentations and tutorials.
Collectible Card Game
PC, Xbox One
- Worked with Designers and QA to setup, implement and reiterate the functions of new cards and their abilities.
- Setup gameboard events and playtested with Designers to optimise balance of player progression and difficulty
- Translated desired Design from documentation to in-game content through Unity and through the server-based CMS.
- Created and implemented dialogue and character biographies for character collection feature.
- Worked with the internal art team to implement over a thousand new and updated vanity items during live operations.
- Manage, investigated and fixed live game issues in house and communicating them to the international LiveOps team.
Hidden Object Game
- Handled crucial parts of the content pipeline, processing and assessing the viability of hundreds of assets during development and for live updates.
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of dozens of mini-games, puzzles, characters and level assets.
- On-boarded new starters onto the project, managing their work and training them up to help manage the workload
Tactical RPG/Collectible Card Game
PC, iOS, Android
- Wrote several character biographies and lore entries, and pitched worldbuilding and narrative features to content writers.
- Contributed to the rebalance of various characters and skills as the meta evolved during the game's several years of live service.
- Created and maintained 1000+ characters and skills during the game's live operations, including balancing passes and designing new skills.
- Managed and scripted the design of animations and VFX of characters and their skills, collaborating with animators to create emotional performances.
- Collaborated the setup for characters from world-renown video game series, such as Final Fantasy, Lara Croft, Deus Ex, and manga series, such as Fullmetal Alchemist.
- Play as a person struggling with their dreams to be a stand-up comedian, narrated by me!
- 40,000+ words, with 9 different endings, created using Twine.
- Several forking pathways, culminating in a final performance, decided by the choices you've made throughout the game.